Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sticky Notes to remember Consequences

I have started writing things down when I need to deliver a delayed consequence. I am so bad at remembering what it was they did, or why i needed to do it, and then it slips by. But I really feel it is important, so last week when DD got a bowl of cereal and didn't eat it AGAIN, my DH saved it and told her she could have something else when it was gone. Does anyone on this earth like soggy, nasty Frosted Mini-Wheats? She obviously wouldn't eat them, so I said "no problem." And I wrote on the calendar that she couldn't have cereal again, til today. The boys have had it a couple times in that time, and she had to eat fruit. Which all-in-all she didn't seem too bothered by really. She doesn't even really like cereal, she just asks for it because the boys like it. Anyway, I have been racking my brain trying to find a way that I will remember things that happen and consequences, so i can be consistent, and follow through on things. Hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment