Monday, February 21, 2011

Brain Dead

So it's been awhile, but I have been doing stuff with Love and Logic. Just not anything exciting... until now! The other day, my DH was doing a GREAT job with being calm and saying "no problem" Even though DS1 was whining a bit about his responsibilities, we were both calm and collected. In several of our CD's it talks about going "brain dead" and repeating a phrase when the kids try to argue or begin to whine. Like: " I love you too much to argue." or "I know" so I tried it! and the funniest thing was that it was like text book!!! It says that the kids will hate it and say things like "I hate this love and logic thing," or "can't you just spank me and get it over with?"

DS1 was TRYING to argue about his room, and I said "I love you too much to argue" He kept going, and I repeated "I love you too much to argue." He then said "I hate this stupid program!" and stomped out of the room. DH and I started to giggle, and we were so excited. It was like we saw the results, and restored faith in the program and in OUR ability to get rid of the demons that control our dysfunction. We know we will still have set backs, which we hick-upped the next day, but we are continuing to move forward! Yeah for this and for redemption!


No comments:

Post a Comment